Date of holding: 2023-04-25 00:00The deadline for submitting documents: 2023-04-24 00:00Finished
Pact is an International NGO with offices throughout the world with a mission to enable systematic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems and transforming markets into a force for development. Pact has worked in Ukraine since 2006 in the areas of governance, capacity development, and health. Building on a decade of experience, we address key challenges facing civil society organizations in Ukraine.
This Request for Quotation (RFQ) is a part of the Activity to Enhance Non-Governmental Actors and Grassroots Engagement (ENGAGE). The purpose of ENGAGE is to increase citizen awareness of and engagement in civic activities at the national, subnational, and local
Prior to the war, ENGAGE CSO partners focused their media and citizen outreach campaigns primarily on government reform efforts and their impact on the everyday lives of citizens. Starting from February 24, 2022, partners refocused their media and citizen outreach campaigns on topics related to the war, including highlighting efforts to fight against Russian aggression and providing practical information to Ukrainian citizens on how they can support these efforts. ENGAGE aims to increase production of civil society-sponsored media content on fighting Russia`s aggression by providing support to partners` storytelling. To that end, Pact seeks to contract marketing vendors to support partners in the development
and placement of partners’ stories in media, including social networks (Facebook, Twitter) and messengers (Telegram).
II. SCOPE OF WORK
All services required under this solicitation will be delivered from 05/1/2023 and will conclude by 09/15/2023.
A. Scope of Work
- To build ENGAGE core partners’ technical capacities in producing effective storytelling communication products through targeted training and mentorship sessions.
To ensure placement of ENGAGE core partners’ stories in external media to help extend partners’ outreach and meaningfully contribute to constituency-building efforts.
- To achieve the above objectives, the purchase is divided into two lots. Prospective offerors can submit an offer for one of the selected lots, or for both lots at the same time.
Lot 1: Provide targeted training to ENGAGE core partners on storytelling techniques:
Task 1: Conduct 1-day introductory storytelling training session for ENGAGE core partners (up to 25 participating organizations).
The event is expected to be held online and should help ENGAGE partners to:
- Identify most compelling and impactful messages from their activities, which can then be highlighted as success stories;
- Create accurate, relevant and engaging communication products that resonate with diverse audiences based on storytelling techniques;
- Understand the unique characteristics of various communication channels and platforms, learn how to utilize them effectively and effectively communicate stories via them.
- Learn other insights required for effective storytelling.
Task 2: Provide individual mentorship sessions to ENGAGE core partners in drafting effective stories and ensure oversight over development of final storytelling communication products (1 mentorship session per partner).
Consultant is expected to conduct one individual story drafting session per each partner.
During the mentorship session:
- The consultant and ENGAGE partner will identify an impactful message from the organization’s activities that can be transformed into a compelling story;
- partner organizations will take the lead in the drafting of a story and will work together with the consultant to determine suitable platforms for distribution of the story, as well as adapt the story for different target audiences and communication platforms.
Task 3. Create bank of stories developed as result of mentorship support (at least 25 stories). The consultant will provide detailed individual feedback on the stories developed by the ENGAGE partners following mentorship sessions and will ensure its final editing to make sure the developed stories are publication ready.
Lot 2: Ensure communication and placement of ENGAGE core partners’ stories in media:
Task 1: Conduct individual meetings with ENGAGE core partners to identify stories to be placed and promoted in external media (1 meeting per partner, at least 25 partners).
Task 2: Develop communication plan of ENGAGE core partners’ stories including list of external media platforms for the placement of stories with assigned promo budget.
The platforms and channels could include but are not limited to:
- National media outlets – NV, Ukrainska Pravda, Liga, Censor, and others;
- International media – Guardian, BBC, Deutsche Welle, and others;
- Social media – Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Telegram, and others;
- Other relevant websites, blogging platforms and new media;
- Other relevant communication platforms.
Task 3. Provide PR services to ensure necessary adaptation and publication of selected ENGAGE partners’ stories (at least 50 stories). The consultant is expected to place at least 2 communication products per partner on various communication platforms and channels to ensure reach to diverse audiences.
Task 4. Conduct performance monitoring of the placed stories. The consultant will track the performance of the partner’s communication products by developing reports including each story`s performance, key metrics, audience insights, tonality, and other information relevant to communication of ENGAGE partners’ stories.
Detailed description of the expected deliverables is provided in the Annex 2 (see the link below)
II. SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
A. Submission of Questions: All questions or clarifications regarding this RFP must be in writing and submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 17:00 hours on 04/13/2023. Questions and requests for clarification, and the responses thereto, will be circulated to all RFP recipients who have indicated an interest in this RFP.
B. Technical and Cost Proposal. The technical proposal requirements are provided in the Annex 2.
C. Submission of Proposals: The deadline for submission of proposals is 04/24/2023. Submissions must be forwarded in electronic format only (either PDF or Microsoft Word and Excel) to email@example.com.
III. EVALUATION CRITERIA
The award will be decided on Best Overall Value as determined by a Selection Committee on the basis of the criteria set forth below, as demonstrated in the Offeror’s proposal. Only proposals conforming to the solicitation requirements will be considered. This RFP will use the tradeoff process to determine best value. That means that each proposal will be evaluated and scored against the evaluation criteria and expectations below, which are stated in the table below.