Date of holding: 2023-04-26 00:00The deadline for submitting documents: 2023-04-25 00:00Finished
Pact is an International NGO with offices throughout the world with a mission to enable systematic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems and transforming markets into a force for development. Pact has worked in Ukraine since 2006 in the areas of governance, capacity development, and health. Building on a decade of experience, we address key challenges facing civil society organizations in Ukraine.
This Request for Proposal (RFP) is a part of the Activity to Enhance Non-Governmental Actors and Grassroots Engagement (ENGAGE). The purpose of ENGAGE is to increase citizen awareness of and engagement in civic activities at the national, subnational, and local level.
In the second year of Russia’s unprovoked and unjustified aggression, ENGAGE aims at supporting local, regional and national level CSOs and activists in informing the international community about the events taking place inside of Ukraine, including in occupied territories or those still under control of Russia.
To support partners’ communication abroad, ENGAGE is going to contract a qualified external provider to translate or transcribe the public communication products developed under ENGAGE subawards by ENGAGE core and key partners. ENGAGE partners with prominent Ukrainian civil society advocacy and watchdog organizations, producing a variety of publicly distributed advocacy products, ranging from opinion polls to op-eds, to audio and visual media products.
On a weekly basis, ENGAGE will solicit from the partners text or video materials showcasing major events, stories, journalist investigations, analytical or policy papers, sociological studies, explanatory videos, etc. to familiarize international audiences with the true picture of the developments in Ukraine.
ENGAGE will share those with the selected vendor with a clear indication on the number of target languages for translation or/and transcription. The list of target languages includes English, French, German, Italian, Polish, and Spanish.
Further placement of the translated materials will be conducted in coordination with ENGAGE and its other vendors who are contracted to provide the respective services.
As result of this RFQ, Pact seeks to contract a vendor(s) for translation services for a period of two years with total price of the contracts up to 30 400 USD.
II. SCOPE OF WORK
1. Place of Performance
All services required under this solicitation will be performed in Ukraine.
2. Period of Performance
All services required under this solicitation will be delivered from 05/01/2023 and will conclude by 06/30/2025.
3. Scope of Work
Translation and transcription services, including (but not limited to) written translation from Ukrainian into English and vice versa, translation into other European languages (French, German, Italian, Polish, and Spanish and/or other languages depending on the goals of ENGAGE and its partners), translation editing, proofreading of translation by a native speaker, transcription of audio or video records.
Due to written instructions to each of the purchase orders under the following Contract.
III. SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
1. Submission of Questions: All questions or clarifications regarding this RFP must be in writing and submitted to email@example.com no later than 17:00 hours on 04/14/2023. Questions and requests for clarification, and the responses thereto, will be circulated to all RFP recipients who have indicated an interest in this RFP.
2. Technical Proposal. Please find the demands to technical proposal in Annex 2 (RFP for Partners’ Public Communications Products Translation)
3. Cost Proposal. The cost proposal shall include a detailed specification for translation services. The service costs shall be calculated in the Ukrainian Hryvna (UAH), without VAT (services are exempted from VAT according to the Tax Code of Ukraine). No profit, fees, taxes, or additional costs can be added after award. The cost proposal must be valid for at least 90 days.
4. Submission of Proposals. The deadline for submission of proposals is 04/25/2023. Submissions must be forwarded in electronic format only (either PDF or Microsoft Word and Excel) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IV. EVALUATION CRITERIA
Only proposals conforming to the solicitation requirements will be considered. This RFP will use the tradeoff process to determine best value. That means that each proposal will be evaluated and scored against the evaluation criteria below:
- Offeror’s Past Experience and Implementation of Similar Assignments
- Capability and Key Personnel Qualifications
- Cost Proposal