Pact Inc. seeks candidates to fill the position of Digital Innovations Program Officer for the USAID/Enhance Non-Governmental Actors and Grassroots Engagement (ENGAGE) activity in Ukraine.
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Supervisor: Senior Program Manager
Job type: Full time
Duration: one year with possibility of the extension
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 50-year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems and transforming markets into a force for development.
About the ENGAGE activity
Pact, a non-profit organization based in Kyiv, Ukraine is implementing a USAID-funded project Enhance Non-Governmental Actors and Grassroots Engagement (ENGAGE) activity.
The purpose of ENGAGE is to increase citizen awareness of and engagement in civic activities at the national, regional and local level. ENGAGE focuses efforts at both the grassroots level to educate and activate citizens to engage in civic initiatives as well as the national and regional (oblast and rayon) levels to improve organizational capacities, build coalitions, support advocacy and watchdog initiatives. The ENGAGE activity primarily focuses on key democratic reforms and cross- cutting themes, such as: anti-corruption, civil education and transparency and accountability including electoral processes, inclusive development of various vulnerable groups, youth and EU integration.
Position is contingent upon funding.
Responsible for program implementation in the sphere of digital innovations. Digital Innovations Program Officer will advise CSO partners with digital innovations development and introduction in their work to ensure long-term civic engagement. In coordination with other relevant staff, she/he will develop and execute tailored strategies to proactively develop and introduce digital innovations in partner CSOs’ activities. The Digital Innovations PO will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with potential innovative tools development vendors. She/he will report to the Senior Program Manager.
- Design with the help of external vendors and introduce innovative digital tools for citizen engagement in partner CSOs activities;
- Coordinate ENGAGE innovation-related events;
- Maintain relationships with potential innovative tools development vendors;
- Track and analyze developments related to public innovation, digital transformation, innovations and beyond; identify and develop research-led content, and data visualizations, thought leadership, and interactive tools particularly relevant to citizen engagement;
- Develop a data-driven mindset identifying opportunities in terms of data gathering, integration, analysis, and activation in order to improve impact reporting, organizational efficiency, insight generation, and decision making;
- Test new methodologies and ways of working to encourage innovation and creative thinking, agility, and flexibility in a complex environment with multiple stakeholders;
- Support the communication of innovative ideas as well as the development of initiatives focused on idea generation;
- Actively work and share knowledge with ENGAGE CSO partners on innovation-related challenges and projects.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in info systems, info technology, or engineering;
- 3+ years relevant digital experience, managing or supporting innovation efforts as well as digital transformation projects;
- Good knowledge of digital delivery in terms of product, technology and people buy-in, supported by insights and proven case studies;
- Excellent understanding of the digital project and implementation methodologies and ability to highlight opportunities and risks at the appropriate stage of the project;
- Forward thinking and genuine passion about digital technologies, with an ability to innovate and leverage technology as it evolves;
- Highly organized, digital and tech-savvy, excellent communicator, with strong stakeholder management and collaboration skills;
- Fluent English and Ukrainian;
- Good written communication skills, including the ability to conduct research and write clear and concise reports and analyses.
- Experience with international programs, especially USAID-funded.
Please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com with “Digital Innovations Program Officer” in the subject line. The position is open until filled.
Please include at least three contacts of your former supervisors who can provide reference for you. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
Pact is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity and is dedicated to the fair and equal treatment of all employees without regard to gender, race, color, religion, creed, age, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, disability, or marital status. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.