Pact is an international development nonprofit that works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to end poverty and marginalization. We partner with local organizations, businesses, and governments to build lasting solutions for thriving, resilient communities. Our vision is a world where everyone owns their future. Pact has worked in Ukraine since 2006 in the areas of governance, capacity development, and health. Building on a decade of experience, we address key challenges facing civil society organizations in Ukraine.
This Consultant request (CR) is a part of the Activity to Enhance Non-Governmental Actors and Grassroots Engagement (ENGAGE). The purpose of ENGAGE is to increase citizen awareness of and engagement in civic activities at the national, subnational, and local level.
The goal of this CR is to hire an IT specialist for ENGAGE Project offices and staff support who will be responsible for providing IT support (ongoing IT support for providing IT support (ongoing IT support for staff; LAN maintenance; managing office telephone systems; support of offline/online events).
B. Key Responsibilities:
The selected consultant will be responsible for providing IT support upon Pact’s request, including but not limited to the following:
- Installation and maintenance of the computer equipment and software applications: regular update of the software (according to regulations), virus filtering (weekly), antivirus database update, setup and ensuring of daily data backup to the external server, technical inspection and cleaning ventilation systems of laptops and projectors (as required);
- Managing office telephone systems, including contacting the contracted service provider if required;
- Managing office Internet connectivity, including contacting the contracted internet provider if required;
- Checking of offices’ LAN and Wi-Fi networks connectivity: check of security, serviceability, providing short reports on equipment status;
- Visiting ENGAGE office upon request (according to the tasks sent by e-mail by the responsible person), in order to consult the staff as for their work with personal computers and peripheral equipment, Microsoft Office software, Internet, phone use and other IT issues;
- Providing prompt assistance to the staff in the day-to-day computer/IT issues; managing of high-priority tasks during 1 business day;
- Prompt response to e-mails sent by the staff on IT-related issues;
- Providing regular status updates for the staff on IT security issues and prompt notice in case of possible alerts, cyber-attacks, etc.;
- Completing other IT tasks as required.
Pact has the right to request IT support not explicitly mentioned in the above list of expected services but related to the field of expertise of the selected provider.
- IT expertise (to be proven by the diplomas and/or certificates);
- Minimum 1-year experience of supporting organizations with at least 20 work stations and conducting the services mentioned above (to be proven by the list of at least three references with most relevant Customers’ contact persons, their title, place of work, e-mail, and mobile number; as well as reference letters);
- Ability to speak English at the level sufficient for handling IT related communication with foreigners;
- Experience in working with international organizations would be an advantage.
All proposals which fail to comply with the basic minimum requirements outlined in the solicitation shall be eliminated. See Sections C and E.
The specified position involves intensive work with Pact Ukraine projects, including offline work in the office. In this regard, proposals from persons who live or are ready to move to Kyiv will be considered. Under this contract, the Pact does not cover the costs associated with such a move.
E. Application Instructions
Proposals must be submitted electronically to email@example.com no later than 17:00 on October 23, 2023 (Kyiv time). The subject line should contain: “Proposal under Consultant Request P4767-2023-24.” Documentation required for application:
- Resume/CV. A short profile of an applicant featuring expertise and experience relative to the goals and objectives of this Consultant Request.
- Certificates that proves technical proficiency in IT solutions
- Resume of a consultant or all experts engaged into the implementation the task if it is more than one person.
- At least 3 (three) professional references who we can contact now (please include the following: name, position, organization, email address and phone number)
- Financial proposal (budget) in Excel file (in UAH currency) due to the table below:
All questions or clarifications regarding this Consultant Request must be in writing and submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 17:00 on October 18, 2023 (Kyiv time). The subject line should contain: “Questions to Consultant Request P4767-2023-19” Questions and requests for clarification, and the responses thereto, will be circulated to all Consultant Request recipients who indicate an interest in this Consultant.