Pact is recruiting a Grants Manager for the upcoming USAID-funded Youth Unity Activity in Ukraine. The Grants Manager will manage the subaward grants program to include the full grant life cycle process, including solicitation, competitive selection, award, monitoring, and reporting. This position is contingent upon award.
- Ensure the highest level of integrity in the management of grants, to include proper adherence to Pact and USAID policies and procedures.
- Develop grant documents in compliance with USAID requirements, using Pact standard templates and working closely with the Pact HQ Agreement Management team to execute quality agreements.
- Administer the full cycle of grant management activities, from solicitation through selection, pre-award assessment, negotiation, monitoring/compliance visits, and closeout.
- Utilize Pact’s Subaward Management System (Salesforce) and accounting system (Serenic NAV) for subaward issuance and management. Ensure that all required documentation is uploaded and stored as per Pact policy.
- Oversee budget management of project’s subgrants pool, working with the Finance Director. Work closely with the Finance Director to ensure accurate and timely disbursement and liquidation of subaward expenses.
- Ensure timely training of subgrantees and Pact staff to understand and comply fully with Pact and USAID requirements. Develop training materials and carry out regular trainings with grantees.
- Ensure that project systems for grants administration are maintained and that regular reports are provided to Pact headquarters or the funder as required.
- Assist in the Development and/or updating of the Grants Manual so it’s in compliance with USAID and Pact HQ guidance, policies and procedures.
- Support closeout of awards, including preparation of final inventories, property disposition, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field
- At least 5 years’ experience in grants management, and at least 3 years of experience in grants management on a USG instrument.
- Familiarity with USAID rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated strong organizational, communication, leadership, problem solving and time management skills.
- Fluency in English and Ukraine and/or Russian.
- Civil society strengthening programming experience preferred.