Since 2008, Pact has been implementing USAID’s civil society programs in Ukraine, including the USAID/ENGAGE activity, which was launched in October 2016 (www.facebook.com/usaidengage, https://engage.org.ua/).
Period of performance: June-July 2020 – October 2020
USAID/ENGAGE is looking for an expert in online education to do a peer review of the new online course on civic education for 10th graders to ensure its high quality.
Duties and Responsibilities
Throughout the duration of contract, the selected Provider is expected to provide the recommendations that will be integrated into the course design.
The course is expected to start in September 2020 with the beginning of the school year. By that time educational materials for at least half of the course shall be finalized and offered to 10th graders and broader public. The rest of the course will be completed by the end of October 2020.
The course will consist of 60 lessons (incl. videos up to 20 min in each lesson) grouped into 7 modules according to the structure of a mandatory civic education course for 10th graders.
To enable a timely launch of the course a peer reviewer will work in parallel with the course designers. He/she will review lessons upon their completion by content designers and an IT expert.
A peer reviewer shall provide expert support and advice to authors during the development of the course on:
– design of the consistent and integral structure of the online course;
– structure and methodology of a typical online lesson of the course;
– best practices in online education, including innovative tools for interactive learning and assessment to integrate into the course.
When the course is designed, a peer reviewer will prepare a report on the course design process, quality of the final product and recommendations on its further maintenance and development.
- Structure of the online course and design of 60 lessons reviewed, recommendations discussed and finalized with authors of the course and IT expert. The course is ready for launching.
- Final report on the course design process, quality of the final product and recommendations on its further maintenance and development is prepared.
- Proven track record of experience in online education;
- Knowledge of the design of the consistent and integral online course, structure and methodology of a typical online lesson, ICT tools for interactive learning and assessment;
- Ability to offer best practices in online education and recommendations on their integration into the new course.
Please send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Peer reviewer” in the subject line by June 24, 2020 COB:
- Cover letter confirming the interest and availability for the indicated period of work
- Financial Proposal (in UAH/USD) specifying total lump sum amount for tasks specified in this announcement
- Works from portfolio, that proves the experience in online education
- Pact Generic BioData Form_V1 (can be found here https://pactworld.box.com/s/fbrs2g0kvpzk115pf5qw0avabl4ojtz9)