Pact Inc. seeks candidates to fill the position of Grants and Contracts Assistant for the USAID/Enhance Non-Governmental Actors and Grassroots Engagement (ENGAGE) activity in Ukraine.
Pact is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity and is dedicated to the fair and equal treatment of all employees without regard to gender, race, color, religion, creed, age, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, disability, or marital status. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Supervisor: Senior G&C Manager
Job type: Full time
Effective Date: ASAP
Duration: one year with a possibility of the extension
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 42-year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development.
About the ENGAGE activity
Pact, a non-profit organization based in Kyiv, Ukraine, is implementing a USAID-funded project Enhance Non-Governmental Actors and Grassroots Engagement (ENGAGE) activity.
The purpose of ENGAGE is to increase citizen awareness of and engagement in civic activities at the national, regional and local level. ENGAGE focuses efforts at both the grassroots level to educate and activate citizens to engage in civic initiatives as well as the national and regional (oblast and rayon) levels to improve organizational capacities, build coalitions, support advocacy and watchdog initiatives. The ENGAGE activity primarily focuses on key democratic reforms and cross- cutting themes, such as: anti-corruption, decentralization, government transparency and accountability including electoral processes, inclusive development of persons with disabilities, internally displaced persons, lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, transgender, intersex and other vulnerable groups, youth and EU integration. To address citizen demands for anti-corruption reforms ENGAGE maintains anti-corruption focus on all its program components.
The Grants & Contracts Assistant shall provide operational support to the Grants & Contracts team and the Deputy Chief of Party. Under the supervision of the Sr. Grants & Contracts Manager, s/he will help in administration of the full cycle of grants and contracts management including solicitation, pre-award assessments, implementation monitoring, and close-out procedures, maintaining complete files for each grant/contract, and coordinating technical assistance as may be necessary.
- Assist in preparation and execution of grant/contract documents compliant with donor and Pact requirements, and project procedures and best practices. Documentation required will include grant/contracts agreements, negotiation memos, grant activity forms, approval requests, selection memos, tender documents, etc
- Respond to grant seekers’ requests for information and assist with the application process
- Assist with implementation and maintenance of grants management software and integrity of data.
- Assist with reviewing and analyzing budget cost estimates for allocability, reasonableness, and consistency
- Maintain a system for collecting and tracking receipt of grantee reports
- Assist with reviewing grants/contracts financial reports for allocability, reasonableness, and consistency
- Help to ensure that all contracts/grants and other activity files are complete and maintained as required
- Assist with preparation and disbursement of grant agreements and award letters as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- At least a BA degree (in Management, Law, International Relations, Finance, Accounting, or another relevant field)
- At least 2 years working experience with international technical assistance programs supported by USAID or other international donors
- Demonstrated ability to deal independently with a wide range of people and situations
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively on a wide range of issues.
- Ability to patiently and diplomatically forge consensus between diverse stakeholders
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage complex workloads and deadlines
- Excellent communication, writing (including editing), and presentation skills
- Excellent English and Ukrainian
- Proactiveness, ability to think fast and work with minimal supervision, high self-organization, attention to detail, flexibility.
- Background in the areas of NGOs’ grant management, procurement, logistical support, event organizing, program assistance, and/or outreach activities
- Proactive, fast-thinker, and able to work with minimal supervision
- International project experience is a plus
- Experience working within complex networks and addressing issues of internal governance and management, dispute resolution, and fair and transparent decision-making.
Please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Grants&Contracts Assistant” in the subject line by COB June 06, 2021.
Please include at least three contacts of your former supervisors who can provide references for you. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.