Pact Inc. seeks candidates to fill the position of Field Representative in Kherson for the USAID/Enhance Non-Governmental Actors and Grassroots Engagement (ENGAGE) activity in Ukraine.
Pact is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity and is dedicated to the fair and equal treatment of all employees without regard to gender, race, color, religion, creed, age, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, disability, or marital status. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Location: Kherson, Ukraine
Supervisor: Senior Program Manager
Job type: Full time
Effective Date: ASAP
Duration: one year with possibility of the extension
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 42-year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems and transforming markets into a force for development.
About the ENGAGE activity
Pact, a non-profit organization headquartered in Washington DC, is implementing the USAID-funded Enhance Non-Governmental Actors and Grassroots Engagement (ENGAGE) activity in Ukraine. The project is based in Kyiv, Ukraine with offices in Kharkiv, Kherson, Sumy and Zaporizhzhia regions.
The purpose of ENGAGE is to increase citizen awareness of and engagement in civic activities at the national, regional and local level. ENGAGE focuses efforts at both the grassroots level to educate and activate citizens to engage in civic initiatives as well as the national and regional (oblast and rayon) levels to improve organizational capacities, build coalitions, support advocacy and watchdog initiatives. The ENGAGE activity primarily focuses on key democratic reforms and cross-cutting themes, such as anti-corruption, decentralization, government transparency and accountability including electoral processes, inclusive development of persons with disabilities, internally displaced persons, lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, transgender, intersex and other vulnerable groups, youth and EU integration. To address citizen demands for anti-corruption reforms ENGAGE maintains anti-corruption focus on all its program components.
Field Representatives will serve as a mediums among civil society actors (groups and organizations); bring expertise in pro-European values, reforms agenda and networking, coalition building and citizens’ outreach; provoke hard-talks and discussions among partners on perspective way of civic activism development in the Eastern and Southern oblasts of Ukraine; serve as a connecter of civil society groups from the East and South of Ukraine with national networks and coalitions; generate innovations and new approaches to local civil society development. The Field Representatives will work closely with the Senior Program Manager and partner organizations.
- Conduct program activities related to networks and coalitions building in Kherson oblast of Ukraine
- Proactively search, find and support local and regional horizontal CSO networks linked to reforms implementation
- Assist CSOs to build horizontal networks and coalitions on local and regional levels to support reforms and ensure civic engagement and link local/regional networks with national networks in coordination with the Senior Program Manager.
- Facilitate dialogue with key civil society stakeholders in Kherson oblast.
- Prepare political-economic analysis of Kherson oblast.
- Assess submitted grant proposals from Kherson oblast and narrative reports of grantees from the programmatic viewpoint.
- Coordinate direct technical assistance and/or arrange technical assistance to CSO partners.
- Coordinate civic initiatives in various reforms.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- At least Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- At least 3 years of work experience in the areas of CSOs and outreach activities
- Deep knowledge of civil society organizations in respective oblasts of Ukraine
- Deep understanding and knowledge of horizontal networks and coalitions building
- Experience with international donor-funded programs
- Excellent Ukrainian, English-Intermediate
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage a complex workload and deadlines
- Excellent communications, writing (including editing) and presentation skills
- Proactive, fast-thinker, and able to work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated commitment to the goals of ENGAGE.
Please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com with “Field Representative” in the subject line.
Please include at least three contacts of your former supervisors who can provide reference for you. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
The vacancy is open until it is filled.