Pact Inc. seeks candidates to fill the position of Evaluation and Learning Officer for the USAID/Enhance Non-Governmental Actors and Grassroots Engagement (ENGAGE) activity in Ukraine.
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Supervisor: Senior Policy and Learning Advisor
Job type: Full time
Duration: one year with possibility of the extension
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 50-year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems and transforming markets into a force for development.
About the ENGAGE activity
Pact, a non-profit organization based in Kyiv, Ukraine is implementing a USAID-funded project Enhance Non-Governmental Actors and Grassroots Engagement (ENGAGE) activity.
The purpose of ENGAGE is to increase citizen awareness of and engagement in civic activities at the national, regional and local level. ENGAGE focuses efforts at both the grassroots level to educate and activate citizens to engage in civic initiatives as well as the national and regional (oblast and rayon) levels to improve organizational capacities, build coalitions, support advocacy and watchdog initiatives. The ENGAGE activity primarily focuses on key democratic reforms and cross- cutting themes, such as: anti-corruption, civil education and transparency and accountability including electoral processes, inclusive development of various vulnerable groups, youth and EU integration.
Position is contingent upon funding.
The Evaluation and Learning Officer will support all evaluation and learning related tasks, including: data collection, analysis, and learning. S/he contributes to maintaining ENGAGE’s MEL system at various levels for tracking of the progress and the achievement of USAID/ENGAGE objectives.
- In coordination with the Project Management Team, support ENGAGE’s evaluation and learning efforts;
- In coordination with the MEL officer, contributes to ENGAGE’s monitoring tasks;
- Implement ENGAGE’s learning agenda under supervision of the Senior Advisor and in close collaboration with the Program and Communication Departments;
- Provide direct technical assistance to ENGAGE subawardees on learning from project implementation;
- Collaborate with relevant Program Officers on policy analyses, advocacy and network strengthening;
- Design evaluative assessments and related tools for data collection and analyses;
- Ensure the lessons learned from the monitoring and evaluation results are in line with USAID’s Collaborating, Learning and Adaptation approach;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field;
- At least 3 years of work experience in the areas of political transition, analyses, and political communication;
- Excellent analytical, writing (including editing) and presentation skills;
- Demonstrated proficiency in data collection methods, analysis and visualization;
- Strong critical thinking and attentiveness to detail;
- Proactive, fast-thinker, and able to work with minimal supervision;
- Demonstrated commitment to the goals of ENGAGE;
- Advanced level keyboard skills and computer literacy on a variety of software applications (MS Word, Excel, Access, etc.);
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage a complex workload and deadlines;
- Excellent teamwork skills;
- Fluent in English and Ukrainian.
- Experience with international programs, especially USAID-funded contracts.
Please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com with “Evaluation and Learning Officer” in the subject line. The position is open until filled.
Please include at least three contacts of your former supervisors who can provide reference for you. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
Pact is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity and is dedicated to the fair and equal treatment of all employees without regard to gender, race, color, religion, creed, age, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, disability, or marital status. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.