Since 2008, Pact has been implementing USAID’s civil society programs in Ukraine, including the USAID/ENGAGE activity, which was launched in October 2016 (www.facebook.com/usaidengage, https://engage.org.ua/).
Period of performance: January 2021 – July 2021
As the USAID/ENGAGE Activity turns towards crossing its finish-line, drawing overarching conclusions and lessons for future programming is part and parcel of ENGAGE’s learning agenda. A comprehensive learning agenda will gauge the influence of civic education, the impact of CSO projects on policy outcomes, and the effect of strategic communication and innovative engagement tools. The main source for ENGAGE learning activities is Civic Engagement Poll (CEP) data. The CEP is commissioned by Pact. The survey concentrates on gauging citizen engagement of and participation in, and public attitudes towards civil society organizations, as well as citizens’ participation and perception of reform processes in Ukraine. In addition, the poll measures the rate of civic literacy and shifts in Ukrainians values and beliefs. Pact conducts two waves of the survey per year to trace short and mid-term trends in citizen engagement in and awareness of civil society activities among general population and participants of ENGAGE partners’ events.
USAID/ENGAGE is looking for Data Analyst to study (based on CEP data):
- The impact of curricular and extra-curricular activities on citizens behavior;
- The impact of CSO-partners activities on citizens behavior;
- The impact of edutainment/infotainment/mass public events on citizens’ behavior.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Comparative analysis of the raw data from Civic Engagement Poll participants database and National Civic Engagement Poll provided by Pact;
- Selection of the main indicators for building comprehensive analysis (the impact of civic education activities, CSO-partners activities, edutainment/infotainment/mass public events on citizens behavior);
- Provide analytical product with proper visual communications of findings based on comparative analysis of two datasets and main indicators mentioned above.
- Comparative analysis of the raw data from winter 2020-2021 Civic Engagement Poll participants database and National Civic Engagement Poll provided by Pact (January – February 2021);
- Comparative analysis of the raw data from summer 2021 Civic Engagement Poll participants database and National Civic Engagement Poll provided by Pact (June-July 2021);
- Comparative analysis of the raw data from autumn 2020 Civic Literacy Test and 2019 Civic Literacy Test data provided by Pact (January 2021);
- Comparative analysis of the raw data from summer 2021 Civic Literacy Test and autumn 2020 Civic Literacy Test data provided by Pact (June-July 2021).
- Minimum 3 years of experience in data analysis;
- Demonstrated ability to process and analyze statistical data, synthesize research findings (both qualitative and quantitative);
- Proven experience in sociology and usage of statistical methods for analysis;
- Strong analytical skills and meticulous attention to detail and accuracy;
- Familiarity with Ukrainian political economy context and governance sector;
- Strong knowledge of civic engagement strategies and approaches to working with diverse stakeholders and marginalized groups;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in the English and Ukrainian Languages.
Please send the following documents to email@example.com with “Data Analyst” in the subject line by November 30, 2020 COB:
- Cover letter confirming the interest and availability for the indicated period of work
- Financial Proposal (in UAH/USD) specifying total lump sum amount for tasks specified in this announcement and approximate level of effort (in days/hours)
- Works from portfolio, that prove the relevant experience. Samples should include materials in both English and Ukrainian.
- Pact Generic BioData Form_V1 (can be found here)
Please send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org .