Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow for communities challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant. On the ground in nearly 40 countries, Pact’s integrated adaptive approach is shaping the future of international development.
Pact is seeking a consultant to conduct an online survey and key informant interviews supporting ENGAGE’s learning agenda.
The survey will have two goals. First, to study how partners’ activities have led to citizen behavior change and increased engagement in civic activities at the national, regional, and local levels. Second, to study how partners use data-driven and coalition-building approach and strive to be more effective both on national and regional levels. The survey will be a combination of the online survey for the USAID ENGAGE Mid-Term Evaluation Performance and ENGAGE online survey of its partners.
The data from the online survey will be validated via a limited number of key informant interviews with selected ENGAGE partners.
The online survey of CSO grantees will be distributed to all CSOs that have received ENGAGE sub-awards. ENGAGE will provide a consultant with a full list of sub-awardees.
Period of performance: March 2021
Duties and Responsibilities
1. With the assistance of ENGAGE, develop the questionnaire for online partners’ survey. The survey should be built around the following questions:
- How partner activities have led to citizen behavior change?
- How partners are using data and learning provided by ENGAGE for program design?
- How partners have built networks and linkages with national, regional and local CSOs?
- Practices of private sector engagement among ENGAGE partners.
- What are the best ways to widen the space for women’s equitable civic participation? How reforms benefit women and men differently?
- How partners mainstream LBGTQI inclusion?
- How partners mainstream PwD inclusion?
2. Run the online survey with ENGAGE sub-awardees. The response rate shouldn’t be less than 70%;
3. Conduct at least 20 key informant interviews (KIIs) with ENGAGE selected partners to validate data from the online survey. Interviews with key informants should be done in-person. The vendor will develop a structured interview guide that will be used for the interviews. The interviews should use semi-structured tools, following the list of questions in the guide.
4. Prepare the report with aggregated data from the online survey and KIIs (in English). The template of the report will be agreed with ENGAGE.
5. Prepare a presentation in PPT format and run feedback session ENGAGE team.
6. Finalize the report after ENGAGE feedback session.
- The questionnaire for the online survey is developed;
- The online survey conducted and a draft report prepared;
- Presentation and feedback session for ENGAGE staff conducted;
- Final report submitted.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Political Science, Social Sciences, Public Relations, International Relations, Public Administration, Journalism, Communication, Media, or similar fields;
- Experience related to planning, conducting surveys and data analysis, stakeholder engagement;
- Understanding of political and civic landscape in Ukraine, civil society sector’s development;
- Proven track record of conducting evaluation of large USAID-funded activities;
- Preference/ideally: prior knowledge and understanding of the USAID/ENGAGE activity;
- Analytical and technical skills;
- Attentive to details, accurate, and able to multitask;
- Proactive, fast thinker;
- Fluent in English, Ukrainian, and Russian.
Please send the following documents to email@example.com with “Consultant for conduction of online survey and key informant interviews” in the subject line by February 14, 2021:
- Cover letter confirming the interest and availability for the indicated period of work
- Financial Proposal (in UAH/USD) specifying total lump sum amount for tasks specified in this announcement
- References (contact information (name, organization, position, email address) for at least three referees)
- Pact Generic BioData Form_V1 (can be found https://pactworld.box.com/s/nr0igilooe9jn0464dor9439zb0cdqi6)
Please send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org