Pact Inc. seeks candidates to fill the position of Civic Education Program Officer for the USAID/Enhance Non-Governmental Actors and Grassroots Engagement (ENGAGE) activity in Ukraine.
Pact is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity and is dedicated to the fair and equal treatment of all employees without regard to gender, race, color, religion, creed, age, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, disability, or marital status. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Supervisor: Program Officer
Job type: Full time
Effective Date: ASAP
Duration: one year with a possibility of the extension
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 42-year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems and transforming markets into a force for development.
About the ENGAGE activity
Pact, a non-profit organization based in Kyiv, Ukraine, is implementing a USAID-funded project Enhance Non-Governmental Actors and Grassroots Engagement (ENGAGE) activity.
The purpose of ENGAGE is to increase citizen awareness of and engagement in civic activities at the national, regional and local level. ENGAGE focuses efforts at both the grassroots level to educate and activate citizens to engage in civic initiatives as well as the national and regional (oblast and rayon) levels to improve organizational capacities, build coalitions, support advocacy and watchdog initiatives. The ENGAGE activity primarily focuses on key democratic reforms and cross-cutting themes, such as: anti-corruption, decentralization, government transparency and accountability including electoral processes, inclusive development of persons with disabilities, internally displaced persons, lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, transgender, intersex and other vulnerable groups, youth and EU integration. To address citizen demands for anti-corruption reforms ENGAGE maintains an anti-corruption focus on all its program components.
The Civic Education Program Officer will be responsible for the implementation of activities of objective 1. Under the supervision of the Program Officer, Civic Education, s/he will also be responsible for collaborating directly with the Ministry of Education and Science, the Ministry of Youth and Sports, as well as with CSOs and their networks to promote civic education approach. S/he will coordinate the further development and pilot the civic education curriculum and oversee the non-formal civic education component implementation; ensures that ENGAGE activity produces high-quality results through partnerships with different stakeholders in a timely manner. This position is expected to work in close collaboration and complement the current Program Officer, Civic Education.
- Support campaigns to build demand for civic education and campaign connected to issues advocated by partner organizations
- Support the development of high school and/or university-level civic education curriculum and/or extra-curricular activities
- Design and pilot civic education curriculum in close cooperation with the Ministry of Education and Science
- Identifying capacity development opportunities for Pact partners
- Provide assistance in programming plans
- Ensure timely and high-quality delivery of reports
- Coordinate and strengthen networking between project partners and stakeholders
- Assist and coordinate capacity development for ENGAGE partners
- Support the development of civic education resources for teachers
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in relevant field
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Deep knowledge of civil society organizations in Ukraine
- Experience with international donor-funded programs, particularly USAID-funded contracts
- Fluent in English and Ukrainian (both written and verbal)
- Ability to build and manage relationships.
- Proactive, fast-thinker, and able to work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated commitment to the goals of ENGAGE.
Please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Civic Education Program Officer” in the subject line by COB November 12, 2021.
Please include at least three contacts of your former supervisors who can provide reference for you. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview